This will help you start a System Restore in Windows XP. Windows XP includes a System Restore utility to return the system to a previous date’s configuration.
- On the Start menu, choose Programs or All Programs.
- On the Accessories menu, choose System Tools, then System Restore.
- Choose Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- The system indicates dates that have restore points by bolding those days on the calendar. As you click a date, the system displays the type of restore point for that date. Click the date for the most recent System Checkpoint before the problem started. Click Next. In the Confirm Restore Point Selection box, click Next.
- When the system finishes the restore, the computer will automatically restart.